There are some fantastic days out for all the family in this lovely part of Cornwall. Just a few are listed below.
- The Monkey Sanctuary - offers a great day out for all the family,
with wildlife gardens, children’s activity room, gift shop and cafe.
- Eden Project - (pictured above) has been dubbed by some the Eighth Wonder of the World.
- National Marine Aquarium - visit the UK’s largest Aquarium and be amazed by
its fascinating underwater world.
- Newquay Zoo - meet loads of amazing species at Newquay Zoo, the only
place in Cornwall to have lions. Watch the big cats having lunch.
- Camel Creek Adeventure Park - nestled in 111 acres of Cornish countryside,
Camel Creekt Adventure Park is a haven of family-friendly rides, giant play areas and animal encounters.
- Woodlands - a fun filled day out for the whole family.
From little kids to kid-ults there’s something for everyone in the 90 acre park.
- DairyLand Farm World - a great hands on experience of farm life.
An all weather attraction with something for all age groups. A great family day out!
- The Tamar Valley Donkey Park - feed and pet the donkeys, goats, sheep, pigs, rabbits and
guinea-pigs, you can even take a donkey for a walk! With an outdoor adventure playground and indoor play-barn and soft play area,
children can enjoy themselves whatever the weather.
- Porfell Wildlife Park - Cornwall's biggest wildlife family attraction only a few miles
- Carnglaze Caverns - one of Cornwall’s most magical days out for all the family.
Perfect in all weathers, there is an underground cavern and magical woodland walk.
- Bodmin Jail - experience the life of an eighteenth century prisoner,
visit the execution pit, stocks and original cells.
- Bodmin & Wenford Railway - join the train for a leisurely 13
mile journey through scenic Cornish countryside. Just the ticket!
- Launceston Steam Railway - a five mile round trip by steam train on the
North Cornwall line from Launceston to Newmills - great fun for all the family!
- Morwellham Quay - award-winning attraction, part
of a World Heritage site, with historic port, village, copper mine and railway.
- Cornish Market World - largest indoor market in the South West
with over 300 stalls and cafes.
The National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth
Launceston Steam Railway
Meerkat at Porfell Wildlife Park